Sunday, May 6, 2007

Garage Sale Jackpot

Jackson still loves to listen to and read books. Lately, he will ask us to read one book while he looks at another. We’ve tested him to see if he’s really listening by changing one of the words, but he always catches and corrects us.

Brian read Curious George Rides a Bike to Jackson the other night. It’s one of his all time favorites, but it’s been a while since we’ve read it. Brian would stop mid-sentence and Jackson would finish the sentence and then recite the next few sentences. I don’t have a clue how he remembers it. It’s a long book too!

I pulled out our walker toy this week for Grant. I stood him up and off he went. He didn’t even need my help. He loves to stand up next to furniture, but one time this week he kept his balance without holding on to anything, for about 3 seconds.

Jackson found our chess board this week. He and I played around with the pieces a little, but today Brian sat down and played by the rules, simplified of course.

Grant has added, “mama” to his vocabulary of babbling. I don’t think he really knows what he’s saying, but he only says it when he wants something, so maybe he does.

I went to some garage sales this weekend and found some great toys! I got a Little Tykes basketball hoop so Jackson can practice on a hoop that’s actually taller than him. But the big find was a wooden train set. Jackson has a little one, but this has tons of tracks and trains and it will work with the one that he has. We are going to need to find a little table to set it up on permanently it’s so big. Jackson was pretty excited.

1 comments:

Megs said...

That is so good that Jackson likes reading so much--brings joy to a teacher's heart! Your boys are adorable!