Sunday, August 30, 2009

In Which Nephi Looks Sad

We have a magnetic book of Book of Mormon characters. Grant and I were looking at them and talking about the different characters. He picked up Nephi and said that he looked sad. I asked him why he was sad. Grant said, “I think someone stomped on his foot.” I think I’ve missed that verse in the scriptures.

The little boy that also lives here with us, Stephen, turned 8 a few weeks ago. So Saturday morning he was baptized. He had a bunch of family in town for the event. So we helped get meals ready for lots of people and get rooms set up for them to sleep in. It was busy, but a very nice weekend.

Today, my parents and Grandma Lael stopped by for lunch on their way home. They spent the weekend in Nauvoo, IL, and we were only a little bit out of the way. We had a nice lunch and a short visit. I didn’t tell Jackson or Grant that they were coming. But I did tell them that there was a surprise after church. I gave them clues if they obeyed while we were getting ready for church. It worked great and they were very excited to see their grandparents.

0 comments: