Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ward Halloween Party

Unfortunatly, the helmets didn't last long enough
for the pictures.









In Which Brian is a Murderer
Brian spent a lot of time early this week with the Young Men making a haunted house for our Ward Halloween party, which was Wednesday night. The boys had a great time at the party, but we didn’t brave the haunted house. They had fun playing the games and getting treats. Jackson frosted a sugar cookie with really nasty green frosting. I think he had about an inch of frosting on the cookie and everyone was commenting on it. I do believe he ate the entire thing though.

Our Halloween celebration did not end there though. On Friday we went to NMU where the student center has trick-or-treating and the dorms have it too. Jackson was a hit in his Green Bay Packer costume and everyone thought Grant was a Chicago Bears player, but he really was from the Denver Broncos. Grant had a little case of the gimmies. After getting candy from the people giving it out, he kept going up to other trick-or-treaters and trying to get their candy, too.

My Grandma Lael (my dad’s mom) was in the hospital this week. It shook me up pretty good. I haven’t had someone close to me in the ICU in a long time. She seems to be doing much better today and appears to be recovering. The power of the priesthood, prayer and fasting really does work.

Last night Brian and I went to a Murder Mystery party for our friend’s 50th birthday. I was a wealthy daughter of the murder victim and Brian was my boyfriend and the chauffeur for the deceased. In the end we learned that Brian was actually my half-brother and the murderer. It was a really fun evening although at church today everyone was commenting on how he needed to repent and be in shackles.

The other day Jackson came in with his shirt tucked into his pants. He said, “It helps me walk better.”

1 comments:

Heide Call said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma! Is she home now? Is everything thing okay?